|Created date||Updated date||Affects version||Fix version|
|Drive Eraser - 6.10 and newer||N/A|
Various Apple computers are booting to black screens in Blancco Drive Eraser version 6.10 and higher.
This issue has been identified at least for the following devices:
|System manufacturer||System model|
Due to a change in the kernel used for Blancco Drive Eraser in 6.10 (and newer) some Apple computers will proceed through most of the boot process stages, but boot to a black screen.
- Take ISO customized with desired options and create bootable USB drive with Blancco USB Creator, or other tool.
- Navigate to the USB drive in Windows File Explorer.
- Navigate to the /boot/grub directory.
- Open grub.cfg and grub_efi.cfg in text editor.
In the grub.cfg and grub_efi.cfg files locate the "menuentry" item marked [DEFAULT].
In the grub.cfg and the grub_efi.cfg files add the entry ”acpi=off” after the last entry on the linux line. In this case the last item is ”flr=forced”.
- Save grub.cfg and grub_efi.cfg files.
- Safely eject the bootable USB drive and test in Mac Laptop.
Please note that any following booting attempt with the modified menu entry will include the "acpi=off" parameter.