|Created date||Updated date||Affects versions||Fix version|
|Drive Eraser All versions||N/A|
Blancco Drive Eraser returns an error pop-up "Cannot Start Erasure" "BMC service doesn't respond", after pressing "Erase now" button. The MC connection status icon is red and License status is "not available".
The product is unable to check and consume the license for the erasure from the Management Console (MC) user account. This can happen for example if the MC user account does not have the required authorities for the erasure licenses.
- Check that the Management Console Hostname/IP, Port, Username and Password are correctly configured in the software Settings.
- If your user account is in Blancco Cloud, check that the Hostname/IP is "cloud.blancco.com", and Port is "443".
- Check that the username and password are correct. Note that the credentials are case-sensitive.
- Test that you are able to connect and login to your Blancco Management Console account by logging into your account using a web-browser on the same network with the device that is running the Blancco Drive Eraser software.
- In Blancco Management Console, check that your user account has enough valid licenses for Blancco Drive Eraser (Enterprise / Volume Edition based on the version displayed in the software user interface).
- In Blancco Management Console, check that the user role for your account has at least "View" and "Consume" rights for Licenses. This is especially important if you are using a custom role. If your user account is using the standard "Basic user" role or if it's a Manager user, you should not have this problem.
- You can also try changing your user role to a 'Basic user'. Note that you may need to request the role change from your manager or Blancco tech support, if you don't have the authority to change the role.
- Required authorities for the user role in BMC highlighted in the picture below ("Basic user" role displayed):
- If the problem still persist, contact Blancco Technical Support for additional assistance.