This document contains instructions migrating HASP HL 1.X licenses to the new LDK-based licensing. New Sentinel LDK-based licensing model allows you to download licenses directly from cloud.blancco.com service to your physical HASP key(s). Migration is also reducing product delivery times when more licenses is needed and much more.
To migrate your existing HASP keys, proceed with the following instructions. If you have any questions regarding to the process or preparations, do not hesitate to contact our technical support team before migration (support.blancco.com). When contacting support for the first time regarding to migration please add information of used product versions and HASP key IDs in a ticket to speed up the process.
Preparations and requirements
Ensure that your Blancco environment is been updated to the latest versions of Blancco Products. Minimum version requirements for the migration process are:
- Management Console Environment: Blancco Management Console 3.6.1 or newer (BMC 4.1.0 or newer required for NVMe (high end) Erasure).
- Standalone HASP environment; Blancco Drive Eraser / Blancco 5 version 5.9.0 or newer and Blancco Mobile Device Eraser / Blancco 5 Mobile 2.1.1. Note: after migration any older version is not supported anymore by using local HASP key.
- Physical access to all HASP keys in your organization. All HASP keys should be migrated to new licensing at once
- Make sure Sentinel LDK License Manager service is running and you can see HASPs properly in http://localhost:1947
- Notification for Blancco LUN and Blancco Flash users:
- If you're using LUN or Flash with local HASP key, migration should not be done. These products do not support local HASP key with LDK licensing at the moment.
- If you're using LUN or Flash with licensing on BMC / Cloud licensing, migration can be done as instructed.
- Ensure outbound http (port: 8081) connection is not blocked and migration tool is executed with admin privileges (Right-Click - Run As Admin)
- Attach HASP key to the computer
- Click "Migrate" and wait until migration tool informs migration to be completed.
- Repeat process to each HASP key
When all HASP keys have been migrated, you are ready to use new LDK based licensing. After migration, please confirm the successful migration to your Account Manager.