|Created date||Updated date||Affects version||Fix version|
|Drive Eraser - All version|
This article introduces a process of converting MSI package into a .intunewin package by utilizing IntuneWinAppUtil.exe.
In order to follow these instructions make sure MSI package is already fully built and tested and it works as per your expectations. Instructions to create an MSI package can be found from here: Blancco PreInstall MSI.
Step by step instructions
- Navigate in to Microsoft's GitHub and to "Microsoft-Win32-Content-Prep-Tool" project: GitHub - microsoft/Microsoft-Win32-Content-Prep-Tool: A tool to wrap Win32 App and then it can be uploaded to Intune
- Download the tool as a .zip file by selecting "Code" and then "Download ZIP"
- Save and extract the package into C:/ folder (C:\Microsoft-Win32-Content-Prep-Tool-master)
- Copy Blancco Drive Erase MSI package into the folder with "IntuneWinAppUtil.exe" (C:\Microsoft-Win32-Content-Prep-Tool-master\<blanccodriveeraser>.msi)
- Open Command Prompt with "Run as Admin"
Navigate into Microsoft-Win32-Content-Prep-Tool-master -folder
Run the executable from the command line
Specify the source folder, this should be the folder where the executable was extracted to
Specify the setup file, in this case it is the Drive Eraser MSI package
Specify the output folder, in this example the same folder is used where the executable was extracted to
Do you want to specify catalog folder? Answer "N"
Run IntuneWinAppUtil.exe and type following
- <blanccodriveeraser>.intunewin package is now available in the folder