|All LUN Eraser versions||N/A|
The most common basic Blancco LUN Eraser related issues are:
- The user is not an administrator and the LUN erasure command is not run as an administrator:
- The solution is designed for shredding whole drives. It will first remove any partitions and file systems on the drive to free up the whole write-able area. After that it will overwrite the whole write-able area on the drive sector by sector according to the selected erasure standard. In Windows you need to have administrator rights to be able to write directly to a device. Hence, you need to start the solution as administrator.
- .NET is not installed on Windows:
- .NET 2.0 or later required to be able to use full reporting functionality.
- Blancco LUN Eraser installer prompts a user to reboot the system, but the user does not do this:
- Reboot the system if the software ask to do so.