Blancco related license issues might not always be related the software (Blancco 5, Blancco Drive Eraser, Blancco Mobile Device Eraser, Blancco LUN Eraser, Management Console, etc.). The HASP USB dongle can also be the source of the problem. Before contacting the Blancco Technical Support team, do the following:
- Download Blancco HASP Tool and follow the instructions. Blancco HASP Tool is handy software tool for solving most of the HASP and license related issues. It can also be used for activating license code files.
- When the software is ready to be used (i.e. unzipped), connect your HASP key to a USB port, and make sure that the HASP key's red connection light is lit. If the red light is blinking, wait until the blinking stops. If nothing seems to happen, try a different USB port.
- Start the software to start the troubleshooting.
|HASP key not detected (in Windows environment)|
The drivers have not been installed properly.
Drivers can be either downloaded by Windows or installed automatically when setting up Blancco Management Console
|HASP key is physically broken|
HASP dongle exterior or connector is damaged (bent/broken)
Red connectivity led does not light up when the dongle is connected
|HASP key's battery is dead||Blancco HASP Tool is able to detect a dead battery and will not function properly in such case|
|HASP key's clock is out of sync|
Sometimes the internal clock of a HASP drive may corrupt. Blancco HASP Tool reads the HASP dongle's internal HASP clock value.
If the number does not match the current time (or is not even close, for example: 2070010100), then internal HASP clock is corrupted.
Date is displayed in format YYYY-MM-DD-HH
If none of the HASP related issues listed above do not seem to be the problem in your case, contact Blancco's Technical Support team and remember to include the following information when submitting your issue ticket:
- HASP key number (the number on the key chain).
- Screenshot of the Blancco HASP Tool window when you have loaded the HASP information on the screen.
- What erasure software are you using? Make sure that you specify which product you are using (preferably also send the download URL for the software/image you are using).
- Also make sure that the licenses always need to match the used Blancco product.