|Created date||Updated date||Affects version||Fix version|
|Drive Eraser 6.12.0||Drive Eraser 6.13.0|
Starting from Drive Eraser 6.12.0 there is a possibility to update grub boot files to support booting certain newer hardware. For Drive Eraser 6.12.0 it is required to manually update the grub boot files in order to support booting these devices.
Follow below steps in order to update the grub files on Drive Eraser 6.12.0:
- Download below the updated grub file and rename it "grub.efi":
Download Drive Eraser Grub Files
- Prepare a USB stick with the latest Blancco USB Creator tool.
- Navigate in the USB stick to the directory /efi/boot/, then drop the download grub.efi file there (replace any existing grub.efi file if needed).
- Connect the USB stick to the machine and boot it.
- The Drive Eraser UI should show up and the internal drive should be ready for erasure.
Updating the grub boot files is known to fix booting issues at least for the following devices:
- Acer Spin 1
- Dell Latitude 7400 2-n-1
- Dell XPS 13 Model 7390
- Dynabook X30-F-14U
- HP ProBook x360 G1 EE
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 3
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7
If you have issues booting Apple T2 devices, please refer to the details mentioned here: Booting Drive Eraser on Apple T2 devices