|Created date||Updated date||Affects version||Fix version|
Blancco related license issues might not always be related the software (Blancco 5, Blancco Drive Eraser, Blancco Mobile Device Eraser, Blancco LUN Eraser, Management Console, etc.). The HASP USB dongle can also be the source of the problem. Before contacting the Blancco Technical Support team, do the following:
- Try connecting the HASP-key to another machine/USB port
- After connecting the HASP-key, the drivers for the key should be automatically installed. Alternatively, you can install the drivers manually
- To check if the key is properly detected follow below steps:
- Make sure that the HASP-dongle is connected to the machine.
- Open a browser and go to the address:
- "Sentinel Admin Control Center" page will open.
- Click on "Sentinel Keys" on the left panel.
- If you can see your HASP-dongle on the list, the key is correctly detected by the machine.
Other issues which may occur:
|HASP key not detected (in Windows environment)|
The drivers have not been installed properly.
Drivers can be either downloaded by Windows or installed automatically when setting up Blancco Management Console
|HASP key is physically broken|
HASP dongle exterior exterior or connector is damaged (bent/broken)
Red connectivity led does not light up when the dongle is connected
|HASP key's battery is dead||Blancco HASP Tool is able to detect a dead battery and will not function properly in such case|
|HASP key's clock is out of sync|
Sometimes the internal clock of a HASP drive may corrupt. Blancco HASP Tool reads the HASP dongle's internal HASP clock value.
If the number does not match the current time (or is not even close, for example: 2070010100), then internal HASP clock is corrupted.
Date is displayed in format YYYY-MM-DD-HH
If none of the HASP related issues listed above do not seem to be the problem in your case, contact Blancco's Technical Support team and remember to include the following information when submitting your issue ticket:
- HASP key number (the number on the key chain).
- What erasure software are you using? Make sure that you specify which product you are using.
- Also make sure that the licenses always need to match the used Blancco product.