If you are having a problem with the Blancco Drive Eraser, and the most common troubleshooting tips and user and user manual instructions instructions do not seem to help, it is time to contact Blancco's Technical Support team. When contacting Technical Support, it is important to include the Blancco Drive Eraser issue report in the contact ticket. It is recommended that the issue report file should be zipped before adding it as an attachment.
To collect the issue report:
- Connect a USB memory stick to the computer.
- Click the Report issue button, or press F2.
- Select the USB memory device from the "Select media" list.
- It is recommended to use the default issue report name, but it is fine to add more details to the file name (for example if you are sending more than one issue report).
- Write a problem description to the "Problem description" field.
- Click "Save" to save the report on a USB stick, or click "Send" to send the issue report to Blancco Management Console.
Is used when erasure control is set to
"Management Console" on Blancco Drive Eraser.
- Navigate to Live Management page under Process Management.
- Select correct Drive eraser session.
- Select "Fetch Issue report" from Manage Session drop menu.
- Write a problem description to the "Comment" field.
- Refresh "Live Management" page and download issue report from "Manage Session" Drop menu.
In addition to collecting the issue report, there should a description of the technical issue included in the support ticket: