- Plug in your bootable USB media.
- Hold the volume-up button and then press the power button once while still holding the volume-up button.
- Keep holding the volume-up button until the Surface UEFI screen displays.
- From here select Boot Configuration and drag USB storage to the top, select Exit and then select Restart Now.
- You should now boot from the attached USB device.
NOTE NOTE: If the system gets stuck at the Windows screen and will not continue booting from the USB, ensure that the Surface keyboard is not connected to the device.