|Created Date||Updated Date||Affects versions||Fix Version|
With the release of the 2.3 version of WinPE LUN the hardware details are not shown in the erasure report.
The default configuration currently has the hardware report disabled, with the creator not currently allowing for changes to be made
The boot.wim file used with the image creator tool can be permanently edited to make the hardware report always shown,
The instructions below will allow the image creator to have the hardware report turned on as default for any image created -
- Open Powershell as an administrator, in the source folder within the WinPE LUN directory, please locations below as a guide,
32 bit - \WinPE_image_creator_x86_HD\media\sources
64 bit - \WinPE_image_creator_amd64_HD\media\sourcesTo open PowerShell as an administrator within the sources folder, please follow the steps below -
Click on "File", then move the mouse over the arrow next to the "Open Windows PowerShell" option and then click on "Open Windows PowerShell as Administrator"
- Use the below command to mount the image
Dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:boot.wim /index:
To be able to edit the offline registry, the offline registry hive you want to modify needs to be imported to a temporary hive in your host registry. Using the below command import the HKLM\Software hive from the offline registry to a temporary hive named OFFLINE in host registry:
reg load HKLM\OFFLINE C:\Mount\Windows\System32\Config\Software
The above command creates a new hive HKLM\OFFLINE in host registry importing HKLM\SOFTWARE hive from offline image to it.
- Once this is done please enter in the following command, this will enable the hardware report within the erasure report -
"HKLM\OFFLINE\Blancco\Blancco XML Reports\Blancco LUN Eraser"
/v EnableHardwareReport /t REG_DWORD /d 1
Once the above command is entered, you will be asked the following question, please answer by typing "Yes" and pressing enter -
Value EnableHardwareReport exists, overwrite(Yes/No)? Yes
Once this is complete the following should appear -
The operation completed successfully.
- With the registry edits completed, it is now time to unload the temporary hive with following command in PowerShell -
reg unload HKLM\OFFLINEThis removes the temporary hive from the host registry
- Please unmount the offline image committing (saving) changes with the following command:
Dism /Unmount-Image /MountDir:C:\mount /Commit
The /Commit switch takes care of saving all changes to boot.wim file.
Please not, you may encounter an error within PowerShell, informing your that the "File is open in another program", to resolve this, please ensure the mount folder is not open within windows explorer
- With all of this now completed, you will be able to generate a WinPE LUN image and have the hardware details now shown in the report