|Created date||Updated date||Affects version||Fix version|
1. Build a full automatic MSI using 32bit Preinstall Version 2.10.
2. User is logged in with Administrator rights - MSI execution failed with error message "There is a problem with Windows Installer Package. A program run as a part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact you System Personnel or Package Vendor".
3. Preinstall Logs gives an error: "Error creating directory A:\boot : 0x13 : The media is write protected."
1. Post MSI execution - The user is not able to access the BLANCCOPART
2. According to the log error "Error creating directory A:\boot : 0x13 : The media is write protected" - This means that BLANCCOPART is Write Protected and MSI is not able to copy boot files inside the partition.
1. Go to Registery Edit → HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Policies\Microsoft\FVE → Check if "FDVDenyWriteAccess" is enabled(Value is 0 if enabled)
2. "FDVDenyWriteAccess" - This policy setting determines whether BitLocker protection is required for fixed data drives to be writable on a computer, If you enable this policy setting, all fixed data drives that are not BitLocker-protected will be mounted as read-only. If the drive is protected by BitLocker, it will be mounted with read and write access.
If you disable or do not configure this policy setting, all fixed data drives on the computer will be mounted with read and write access.
3. Change the value of the following registry key before running the MSI
- Change the value for FDVDenyWriteAccess to 0