To update your existing Blancco Drive Eraser or Blancco Drive Verifier configuration to work with the Blancco Management Portal follow step provided below.
|Created date||Updated date||Affects version||Fix version|
|Blancco Drive Eraser|
Blancco Drive Verifier
This page will provide step by step instructions on how to update communication settings for Blancco Drive Eraser as well as for Blancco Drive Verifier.
Valid communication settings are required for report sending and may be required for license consumption as well.
Step by step instructions
This chapter contains instructions how to update the existing configuration with Blancco Management Portal details to allow future license consumption and report sending to Management Portal.
- Open Blancco Drive Eraser Image Configuration Tool, if you don't have the tool installed you can acquire it here: Download: Blancco Drive Eraser Image Configuration Tool.
- Select the "Upload" button from bottom right corner and select the Drive Eraser/Drive Verifier ISO you need to configure.
- Navigate into "Communication" -tab.
Update the "Hostname / IP" field with your Management Portal "Erasure Client Endpoint" and make sure proper port is defined.
Erasure client endpoint is region specific, to find out your endpoint follow the steps provided here: How to confirm your Blancco Management Portal erasure client endpoint details?
- If you want to save your user credentials update the "Username" and "Password" fields accordingly with your Management Portal details.
- Save the changes, use "Save as" if you do not want to overwrite the previous configuration.