On default settings, Blancco Drive Eraser is not configured to use any specific user credentials when consuming licenses from Blancco Management Console/Blancco Cloud. Instead, user credentials are prompted from the user when the erasure is started. After user enters username and password, licenses will be consumed from the corresponding user.
For some scenarios this is not optimal process and there is a need to save the credentials to Drive Eraser ISO image to prevent users from entering them in the beginning of each erasure session.
This can be done by configuring the Blancco Drive Eraser ISO image with Configuration Tool.
- Upload your Blancco Drive Eraser ISO image to the Configuration Tool
- Navigate to "Communication"-tab
- Enter Management Console / Blancco Cloud communication details in the fields accordingly
- Hostname / IP: the host name or IP address of your Management Console server
- If you are using Blancco Cloud host name needs to be cloud.blancco.com
- Port: communication port used with your Management Console
- if you are using Blancco Cloud port needs to be 443
- Username and password: enter your Management Console / Blancco Cloud user credentials
- After entering the credentials, click "Update" button
- Save the ISO image by clicking "Save as" button
- Make sure the configured ISO is used when booting the software (e.g. recreate bootable USB-stick, burn CD or updated your PXE booting server to use the configured ISO image)