Sometimes Blancco Erasure Software might not boot up properly from a USB or CD. Error messages, such as "Cannot find application image" or "Blancco image damaged, MD5 Checksums don’t match", might be displayed on the screen.
The most common CD boot related problems:
- The CD is burned incorrectly: Make sure that you have used "image burning" option and not "data burning".
- There is something wrong with the CD/DVD or the optical disc drive: Read errors may result in error messages. Try re-burning the disc and make sure that the optical drive is functional.
- The erasure software ISO image has corrupted (usually during the download): Re-download the ISO image and try the CD/DVD burning again.
- Older optical drives can be picky when it comes CD-R/RW brands. If all else seems to fail, try a different CD brand, and burn the CD with slower burn rate.
The most common USB boot related problems:
- Something has gone wrong with the bootable USB device creation.
- USB booting is not properly supported by the computer: This happens mostly with older computers, which might not support USB booting at all or it is badly implemented. Check if BIOS is able to detect the connected USB device or if there is even an option to boot from USB available.
- Old version of Blancco USB Creator has been used: Download and install the latest version of Blancco USB Creator.
- Format option was not used when creating the USB stick: When creating the bootable USB stick, make sure that you have selected the "Format" option.
- The erasure software ISO image has corrupted (usually during the download): Re-download the ISO image and try the bootable USB creation again.