File Eraser for Windows version 8.3 - Release notes
- Custom fields support.
- Custom fields can be configured and shown on the erasure report.
- Licensing through Blancco Management Console.
- Licensing can be controlled from Blancco Management Console.
- NIST erasure optimization.
- Implemented NIST verification which results in faster erasure speeds.
- Unify erasure standard naming.
- Erasure standards names are shared with other products like Drive Eraser.
- New state of the art digital signature for reports for added security.
- Due to the introduction of this new signature, BMC 4.8 or greater is required.
- Phased out non BMC editions
- Blancco Management Console is supported for all editions
- LEE-1746 - Can't Drag and Drop Files & Folders into File Eraser when app is running as Administrator.
- LEE-1845 - File Eraser causing SideBySide errors.
- These errors were showing in the event log but did not affect the erasure.
- LEE-1864 - UTF16 in batch file will cause failure.
- UTF-8, UTF-16 and ISO-8859-15 are all supported.
- LEE-1990 - Spanish and German update dialog texts contain unprintable characters.
- Some characters were not rendered properly in the user interface.