Blancco Drive Eraser 6.9.1 - Release notes
Important: Due to a new report digital signature, the Blancco Drive Eraser releases v6.6.0 and higher are not compatible with the Blancco Management Console 4.7.1 or lower (report importing and sending will fail consistently).
- If you are using a local BMC and want to upgrade to BDE 6.6.0 or higher, please upgrade first to BMC 4.8.0 or higher.
- If you are using the Blancco Cloud, it is fully compatible with BDE 6.6.0 and higher.
- The BMC 4.8.0 and higher are fully compatible with all BDE releases (< 6.6.0 and >= 6.6.0).
- ALBUS-6424, ALBUST-533 - Ability to check and hotswap drives before receiving a job specification.
- In case BDE is waiting for a job specification and has the hotplug enabled, there is a new "Drives" tab visible in the UI where all connected drives can be checked and hotswapped.
- ALBUS-6423 - Ability to fill-in per-drive custom fields before receiving a job specification.
- This feature allows a proper identification of the drives by the AMS. After the identification, the correct job specification can be sent to the drives.
- ALBUS-6509 - Booting was impossible on machines with specific AMD CPUs and graphic cards (e.g. Dell Inspiron 5485 with AMD Ryzen 5 CPU and Radeon Vega 8 video card).
- ALBUS-6378 - Custom fields containing spaces or strange characters in their identifier ("id" field) are not allowed (BDE marks the job specification as invalid).
- ALBUS-6333 - There were problems booting BDE (timing issues) on HPE Proliant DL380p Gen 8 server using USB KVM dongles (HP KVM Cat5 Face adapter).
Please request the Detailed Release Notes from your Sales or Support Representative.