Important: Due to a new report digital signature, the Blancco Drive Eraser releases v6.6.0 and higher are not compatible with the Blancco Management Console 4.7.1 or lower (report importing and sending will fail consistently).
- If you are using a local BMC and want to upgrade to BDE 6.6.0 or higher, please upgrade first to BMC 4.8.0 or higher.
- If you are using the Blancco Cloud, it is fully compatible with BDE 6.6.0 and higher.
- The BMC 4.8.0 and higher are fully compatible with all BDE releases (< 6.6.0 and >= 6.6.0).
- ALBUS-5812, ALBUST-542- Hardware diagnostics: USB ports.
- BDE offers a new hardware diagnostic for USB ports. The user will be able to check the ports working condition using e.g. a USB stick (detection, read test, write test).
- ALBUS-5818 - Hardware diagnostics: new Motherboard test.
- The Motherboard test has been revamped to support UEFI and Apple machines.
- ALBUS-5248 - Hardware diagnostics: WiFi card.
- BDE offers a new hardware diagnostic for the WiFi card. The user will be able to check the card working condition (scan of all available Wi-Fi networks).
- ALBUS-6232 - Hardware diagnostics: show the Battery charge in the UI.
- There is a new icon in the user interface showing the battery current charge, charger connected or not, battery charging or discharging.
- ALBUS-6370 - Renaming "Server Edition" into "Volume Edition".
- The BDE "Server Edition" has been renamed into "Volume Edition" to be aligned with the license model and SKU.
- ALBUS-5986 - Improved hidden area detection and removal.
- The HPA/DCO area detection and subsequent removal has been revisited, the focus has been to better detect drives having seemingly huge hidden areas (several times the total capacity).
Bug fixes & Improvements:
- ALBUS-6602 - Some USB sticks could not be erased.
- ALBUS-6558, ALBUS-5760 - Executing read/write commands on SATA drives behind HP Smart Array Raid Controllers did not work consistently.
- ALBUS-6373 - Executing (Enhanced) Secure Erase firmware commands on SATA drives behind HP Smart Array Raid Controllers did not work.
- ALBUS-6552 - Some drives were not detected at all when connected to HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 servers.
- ALBUS-6259, ALBUS-5953 - Some batteries were not detected properly.
- ALBUST-534 - Improving the setting to enable/disable the remapped sectors threshold.
- ALBUST-547 - Greying out the settings to back up the report automatically and to show removable flash devices if the configured image is "Hardware Edition".
- ALBUS-6671 - BDE could not boot on Lenovo laptops equipped with AMD Ryzen CPUs.
- ALBUS-6670 - BDE could not boot on Asus laptops with Nvidia Graphics.
- ALBUS-6619 - There were occasional delays during the software booting (startup sequence appeared stuck or a spinning wheel was displayed). Such delays should not happen anymore.
- ALBUS-6617 - BDE could not boot on Acer laptops equipped with Ryzen CPUs.
- ALBUS-6549 - The list of hybrid drives has been updated with additional models.
- ALBUS-6314 - The Opal firmware commands supported by the drive added in the XML report.
- ALBUS-5341, ALBUS-5770, ALBUS-6708 - Several machines where the Motherboard test failed consistently (Microsoft Surface Laptop, Microsoft Surface Pro, Dell Optiplex All-in-One, Apple MacBook, Apple MacBook Pro/Air, etc.).
- ALBUS-5657, ALBUS-5761, ALBUS-5691, ALBUS-5108, ALBUS-5347, ALBUS-5610 - Fixing several issues related to badly detected HPA/DCO areas.
- In rare occasions mouse cursor is not shown in the user interface when using Drive Eraser 6.10.0.
- As a workaround, keyboard can be used to fully control the software. See the Drive Eraser user manual for more details about the keyboard shortcuts.
- This issue has been identified for the following servers:
- Supermicro H8SCM tower
- Dell PowerEdge R540, R710, R730
Please request the Detailed Release Notes from your Sales or Support Representative.