|Mobile Diagnostics and Erasure - All versions
Samsung KNOX provides security features that enable business and personal content to coexist on the same handset. The KNOX-protected packages are encrypted with 256-bit AES algorithm and hence these packages cannot be overwritten.
The user can handle the situation in a couple of ways:
- Uninstall KNOX before erasure and then erase device.
- This is the recommended practice.
- Erase device regardless of KNOX.
- KNOX packages are not overwritten, but they can be considered as cryptographically erased because the packages are encrypted and the encryption keys are changed.
- Configure in settings that devices with KNOX are not erased.
- If erasure for KNOX device is attempted in this case, there will be a pop-up saying that KNOX should be uninstalled.
- This option can be managed from Blancco Mobile Diagnostics and Erasure under the Settings > Android-tab > "Erase devices that have Samsung My KNOX container"