File Eraser for Windows version 8.4 - Release notes
- Support for Chinese language.
- Added Chinese simplified support in the user interface and PDF reports.
- Ability to configure BMC settings through command line or through Installer as command line parameters.
- This offers the ability to script deployments and licensing through BMC.
- Ability to activate BMC licenses from the Activation Dialogue.
- This makes using BMC licensing easier in case of a post installation setup.
- All erasure targets will be listed in PDF reports.
- If the user targets a directory, all files will be listed on the PDF report up to 20000 files.
- Added a registry key to turn TLS certification validation on/off.
- Added a /resend command to resend all previously unsent reports.
- This command differs from the /send command in that it keeps track of any failed report uploads.
- Automatically trigger /resend command.
- All unsent reports due to connection issue or BMC settings error will be queued to be resent every 60 min.
- Ability to fill custom fields from the command line.
- Support for LDK licensing.
- Both LDK HASP keys and legacy HASP keys are supported.
- LEE-2273 - Fixed a rare issue when the user can see the “compressed files not supported message” when not erasing compressed files.
- This was a false positive that led to some supported files being unable to be erased.
- LEE-2334 - Erasure crashes when erasing long network path files.
- Raised the max characters supported in a path from 255 to ~1024.
- LEE-2175 - Custom Field Text Length Limited To Width of Field.
- Raised the character limit from ~26 to 4000 in order to allow for more data input in custom fields.
- LEE-2495 - Fixed a crash when erasing temporary internet files.