|Created date||Updated date||Affects version||Fix version|
|Drive Eraser 6.12.0|
Drive Eraser 6.13.0
Drive Eraser 6.13.0 or newer is capable of booting and running erasure on Apple T2 devices. Booting these devices may require additional steps such as allowing the device to boot from external medias.
Follow below steps in order to boot Apple device with T2 chip:
- Prepare a USB stick with the latest Blancco USB Creator tool. More detailed steps available here: Download: Blancco USB Creator
- You might have to prepare your Apple machine to boot from an external device. This is doable via the macOS Startup Security Utilities (a macOS administrator password might be needed to proceed), where you need to:
- Change Secure Boot to “No Security”.
Change External Boot to “Allow booting from external media”.
Note! If the device was reset to factory settings, device activation needs to be completed in order to have administrator access to the device.
- Connect the USB stick to the machine as well as an external keyboard (needed to control BDE).
- Boot the machine, depending on software version/target machine you may need to edit the booting parameters, refer to Erasing Apple computers with Blancco Drive Eraser for more details.
- The BDE UI should show up and the internal drive should be ready for erasure.